November 13 2015
During Supercomputing Conference 2015 (SC’15), Intel announced advancements to the Intel® Scalable System Framework (Intel SSF) to bring HPC capabilities and benefits to more industries. As a foundational element of Intel SSF, Intel introduced the Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel OPA), a new HPC-optimized fabric technology that makes HPC performance more accessible to companies and institutions of all sizes.
back to topMultimedia
back to topNews Articles
back to topImagery
back to topPress Materials
Fact Sheets & Backgrounders
- Transforming the Economics of HPC Fabrics with Intel® Omni-Path Architecture
- Higher Performance at Lower Costs for HPC Fabrics
- Intel® Omni-Path Fabric Features Animation
- Intel® Omni-Path Director Class Switch 100 Series Product Brief
- Intel® Omni-Path Edge Switches 100 Series Product Brief
- Intel® Omni-Path Host Fabric Interface Adapter Product Brief
back to topSocial Media
back to topRelated Information
Related Information on Intel.com
November 12 2015
Cloud computing continues to transform all aspects of life, from how business gets done to the services we enjoy every day. Intel believes strongly that these capabilities and benefits should be made available to anyone, anywhere at any time. With its best-in-class hardware, plus investments and collaborations in the cloud software ecosystem through the Cloud for All initiative, Intel aims to help businesses take advantage of the cloud to deliver new capabilities and digital services by making public, private and hybrid cloud solutions easier to deploy.
back to topMultimedia
back to topNews Articles
- Intel Delivers Solutions for Improved In-Home Entertainment Content Delivery through the Cloud
- Intel Announces ‘Cloud for All’ Initiative to Deliver Benefits of the Cloud to More Businesses
- Intel, eASIC Collaborate on Customized Intel-Based Solutions for the Cloud
- Intel Packs Power, Intelligence of Xeon® Processor into System-on-Chip Offering to Target New, Growing Network Opportunities
- Intel’s Custom Foundry Will Manufacture Future Panasonic System-on-Chips Using Intel’s 14nm Low-Power Process
- Altera and Intel Extend Manufacturing Partnership to Include Development of Multi-Die Devices
- Intel Joins Forces with Cloud Service Providers Around the World to Reveal What’s Inside Their Datacenters
- Chip Shot: New Amazon EC2 X1 Instance Type Powered by Highest Performing Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3
- Chip Shot: Custom Intel® Xeon® Server CPUs Power New Microsoft* Azure DV2-series Virtual Machines
- Chip Shot: Intel Solutions Improve In-Home Entertainment Content through Cloud
- Chip Shot: Custom Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 Server CPUs to Power New Microsoft Azure GS-series
- Chip Shot: Intel Security to Showcase Cloud Security Solutions at Vmworld
- Chip Shot: Intel to Collaborate with Mirantis to Fuel Enterprise OpenStack Adoption
- Chip Shot: Intel and OHSU Collaboration Cancer Cloud Open to Developers
- Chip Shot: Intel Accelerates Cloud Adoption with Cisco, Dell and Red Hat
- Chip Shot: Intel Joins Industry Leaders in Open Container Project; Demos Secure Containers
- Chip Shot: Custom Intel® Xeon® Sever Chip Boost Cloud Processing Power for Amazon Web Services Customers
- Chip Shot: Intel Announces New Xeon® Server Chips for “Visual Cloud” at Computex 2015
- Chip Shot: Intel Unveils Enhanced Containers, Cloud Security Capabilities at the OpenStack Summit
- Chip Shot: Intel Advances Custom Cloud Efforts with New Collaboration
- Chip Shot: Intel and Cloudera Advance Business Insight with Analytics
- Chip Shot: Intel and CoreOS Collaborate to Democratize Cloud Computing
- Chip Shot: Intel’s Diane Bryant Talks Data Center Transformation at Code/Enterprise
- Chip Shot: Intel Announces Collaborations with Facebook and Others at Open Compute Summit
- Chip Shot: Etisalat UAE and Intel Corporation Collaborate on Cloud Computing
- Chip Shot: Intel® Xeon® Processors in the Cloud Contributes to Music Boom
- Chip Shot: Intel Boosts Cloud Processing Power for Amazon Web Services
- Chip Shot: Intel Releases Storage Software for Easier Ceph Cluster Management
- Chip Shot: Microsoft and Intel Announce Collaboration at Open Compute EU Summit
- Chip Shot: Intel Joins Microsoft Cloud OS Partner Matching Program to Help Simplify Path to Private, Hybrid Cloud
- Chip Shot: Intel Advances Open Hybrid Cloud, Accelerates Video Delivery
- Chip Shot: Intel Highlights Latest Collaborations to Advance Open Container Solutions at KuberCon
- Chip Shot: Intel Helps IT Manage Software Defined Infrastructure, Ensure Reliability
- Chip Shot: New ‘Powered by Intel® Cloud Technology’ Members, Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000 SoC Deployed in Cloud Servers
- Chip Shot: Intel and 16 Cloud Service Providers Worldwide Join Forces in First-of-its-Kind Initiative
back to topImagery
back to topPress Materials
Fact Sheets & Backgrounders
back to topInfographics
back to topSocial Media
November 09 2015
Today, Intel announced new products and collaborations to help the industry modernize today’s communications networks and build the foundation for 5G. The Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family, Intel® Ethernet Multi-host Controller FM10000 Family and Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 family will boost performance and enable more agile and intelligent networks for rapid delivery of services to both consumers and businesses. Intel also announced it is working with America Móvil, a leading mobile network operator in Latin America, to modernize its infrastructure and is expanding efforts with Red Hat to deliver standards-based solutions to the telecommunications industry.
November 09 2015
New Products and Ecosystem Collaborations Will Help the Industry Modernize Today’s Networks and Build the Foundation for 5G
- Expansion of Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family and new Intel® Ethernet Controllers boost performance and bandwidth, and enable more intelligence in the network for rapid delivery of services to consumers and businesses.
- Intel collaborates with industry leaders globally and announces that América Móvil* selected Intel as a technology partner to upgrade its network.
- Intel grows its networking ecosystem to drive development and deployment of open, industry-standard solutions and announces collaboration with Red Hat* through Intel® Network Builders Fast Track.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 9, 2015 – Intel Corporation announced today new products and collaborations to accelerate the move toward more agile and cloud-ready communications networks that can address today’s demand for new telecommunications, cloud and data center services and handle tomorrow’s devices and services.
Billions of devices are becoming connected – from smartphones to cars to factories – and that brings new use cases and service opportunities that drive unprecedented growth in network and storage demands. Today’s networks are not designed in a way that allows communications providers to quickly or cost effectively expand their infrastructure. To realize the potential of the Internet of Things (IoT) and enhance mobile computing experiences, communications networks need to be re-architected, with increased programmability and built-in flexibility throughout the infrastructure to handle the anticipated increase in volume and complexity of data traffic.
“Networks are facing extraordinary demands as more devices become connected and new digital services are offered,” said Sandra Rivera, vice president, Data Center Group and general manager, Network Platforms Group, Intel. “Building intelligence throughout the communications infrastructure and using a standards-based approach offers service providers the foundation to build agile, cloud-ready networks that allow them to expand their services capabilities.”
Intel Expands Ecosystem, Product Portfolio to Lay Foundation for Cloud-Ready Networks
Intel is working closely with industry leaders, including Cisco*, SK Telecom* and Verizon*, to accelerate the move toward more flexible and responsive networks today and to lay the foundation for future 5G networks. Intel offers cutting-edge technology that increases network capabilities and bandwidth and is growing an ecosystem to deliver standards-based solutions. Intel announced:
- América Móvil*, a leading mobile network operator in Latin America, recently selected Intel to be a technology consultant in an effort to evolve its networks to be more flexible, efficient and scalable. Intel will provide support and expertise to América Móvil as it modernizes its infrastructure to accelerate the launch of new services, automate its processes and reduce its network operation costs in Latin America and Europe.
- New offerings in the Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family provide a foundation for extending intelligence from the network core to the edge for improved performance and lower latency. The eight new processors offer high-performance, low-power and twice the maximum memory of previous generations in an integrated system-on-chip, making them well-suited for various networking, cloud storage, enterprise storage and IoT applications that operate in dense, rugged environments. More than 50 networking, cloud storage, enterprise storage and IoT system designs using the Intel Xeon processor D-1500 product family are in development.
- The new Intel® Ethernet Multi-host Controller FM10000 Family combines proven Ethernet technology with advanced switch resources for use in high-performance communications network applications and dense server platforms. With up to 200 Gbps of high-bandwidth multi-host connectivity and multiple 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports, it delivers exceptional packet processing capability and significantly reduces performance bottlenecks in moving network traffic within and between servers.
- The new Intel® Ethernet Controller X550 family is a low-power, cost-effective 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity solution that can offer a performance boost to data center servers and network appliances.
- Intel is actively driving a networking ecosystem and has grown the Intel® Network Builders program to more than 180 companies. In August, Intel introduced the Intel® Network Builders Fast Track to increase the pace of innovation in the networking ecosystem by optimizing hardware and software solutions, supporting technology integration within the ecosystem and driving interoperable solutions.
- Red Hat* is the first ISV to actively contribute to all key focus areas of the Intel Network Builders Fast Track. Red Hat brings strong expertise in commercializing open source technologies and has a long-standing collaboration with Intel to deliver standards-based solutions to the telecommunications industry. Through the expanded collaboration, the two companies will work together on optimizations to deliver carrier-grade solutions based on Red Hat software and Intel technology, jointly develop solution blueprints for communications networking use cases, and perform interoperability testing of their platforms with other ecosystem solutions.
- Online press kit
- Video: Imagine a Cloud-Ready Network
- Infographic: The Need for Network Transformation
- Fact sheet: Expanded Product Portfolio
- Video: Intel® Xeon® Processor D Family for storage applications
- Video: FM10000 Family in Network Appliance and NFV Applications
- Video: FM10000 Family in Cloud Data Center Applications
- Podcasts: Intel Chip Chat
- Blogs: Intel Data Stack and Intel Network Builders Blog
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world’s first commercially available “conflict-free” microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com, and about Intel’s conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel, Intel Atom, Xeon and and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
1 As compared to maximum memory of the Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 product family
November 04 2015
Intel Announces new products and ecosystem collaborations to help the industry transition to cloud-ready communications networks.VideosNews ArticlesImageryPress MaterialsInfographics back to topMultimediaVideo: Imagine a Cloud-Ready NetworkVideo: Int…
October 21 2015
Chip Shot: Intel® Xeon® Processors to Power DOE’s National Nuclear Security Administration’s New CTS-1 Supercomputing Clusters
Penguin Computing today announced with Intel that the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) will install Penguin Computing’s Tundra™ Extreme Scale (ES) series, powered by Intel® Xeon® processors, to bolster computing for the NNSA’s mission of ensuring the safety, security and reliability of the nation’s nuclear stockpile. The systems are being procured under NNSA’s tri-laboratory Commodity Technology Systems program, or CTS-1, as part of the NNSA’s Advanced Simulation and Computing (ASC) program and will serve Los Alamos, Sandia and Lawrence Livermore national laboratories. The Tundra ES series, an instantiation of the Intel® Scalable System Framework, is based on a high-density Open Compute architecture and features Intel Xeon E5-2695 v4 processors to deliver a peak performance range of 7-9 petaflops. When complete, these supercomputing clusters will be one of the world’s largest Open Compute-based installations. For more information, check out the Penguin Computing release.
October 19 2015
Chip Shot: New Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5 Family Boosts Compute and Graphics Performance for Entry-level Workstations
Intel today introduced the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5 product family for entry-level workstations – a powerful processing and graphics platform for designers, engineers, scientists and animators to develop more quickly their complex product designs and research. Based on Intel’s 14nm Skylake architecture, the product family delivers up to 27 percent higher compute and graphics performance compared to the previous generation Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family. The processors feature 4 cores, ranging in frequency from 2.0 GHz to 3.7 GHz, and have an integrated Intel® HD Graphics P530 graphics solution with certification from the leading workstation software vendors. The product family features 20 PCIe Gen3 ports to enable the use of the latest generation, high performance SSDs, and supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory to keep applications running reliably and the data uncompromised. For additional information on Intel mobile, pedestal and data center-hosted workstation platforms, visit: www.intel.com/workstations.
October 08 2015
Chip Shot: New Amazon EC2 X1 Instance Type Powered by Highest Performing Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3
Today at re:Invent, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced new Amazon EC2 X1 instances, which will feature up to 2 TB of memory, a full order of magnitude larger than the current generation of AWS high-memory instances. Demonstrating the importance of ob…
September 29 2015
Today at AzureCon, Microsoft* announced availability of DV2, the next-generation of D-series virtual machines sizes. DV2 instances are powered by customized 2.4 GHz Intel® Xeon® E5 v3 processors, and with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 …
September 02 2015
Today, Microsoft* announced the Azure GS-series of virtual machine (VM) and premium storage types designed to run the most demanding storage and compute-intensive workloads in the cloud. Powered by a high performance, customized Intel® Xeon® E…